Hearing Conservation Programs
We have provided our viewers with a section filled with links to resources from various parties relating to Hearing Conservation. If you have questions or feedback please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hearing Conservation Online Resources
CAOHC – Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation
If you’re a member of a hearing conservation team … this manual will assist you in the front-line defence against hearing loss in your workers.
NIOSH – National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
Some NIOSH resources:
- OCCUPATIONAL NOISE EXPOSURE
- HEARING CONSERVATION TOOLBOX
A resource for hearing conservation professionals, audiologists and occupational safety professionals for various educational and training materials to use in the workplace.
- HEARING CONSERVATION PROGRAM CHECKLIST
A simple checklist of questions to assess hearing conservation efforts.
Program Evaluation Checklist
Failures or deficiencies in hearing conservation programs can often be traced to inadequacies in the training and education…
What constitutes an effective hearing conservation program?
An effective hearing conservation program can prevent hearing loss, improve employee morale and a general feeling of well-being…
Hearing Conservation Articles
- Hearing Conservation. OSHA Publication PDF. Summarizes the required component of OSHA’s hearing conservation program for general industry. Covers monitoring, audiometric testing, hearing protectors, training, and record keeping requirements.
- Hearing Protection-Emerging Trends: Individual Fit Testing PDF. (2008, August). This best practice document provides information on fit-testing of hearing protectors.
- Toolbox Talks: Hearing Conservation in the Shipbuilding Industry PDF (2009, April). The toolbox talk addresses a number of hearing conservation-related topics, including shipbuilding noise levels and selecting hearing protection. The toolbox talks also include a hearing protection checklist for workers in shipyard employment.
Acrobat Reader is required to view pdf files. Free download if needed.