Work With Us
For over three decades, Custom Protect Ear (CPE) has been the leader in providing effective, verifiable, and noise level matched hearing protection at a cost lower than disposable ear plugs. Currently we are looking for a Full Time Manufacturing Technologist to help us grow and improve our production facility.
Manufacturing Technologist Description
- Monitor or measure manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease processing time, or improve quality.
- Updating the standard operating procedures.
- Developing the quality control procedures
- Identify and implement new manufacturing technologies, processes, or equipment.
- Oversee equipment start-up, characterization, qualification, or release.
- Ensure adherence to safety rules and practices.
- Select material quantities or processing methods needed to achieve efficient production.
- Design layouts for the production facilities.
- Prepare, drawings, or sketches of machinery or equipment, such as shop tooling, scale layouts, or new equipment design, using drafting equipment or computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Recommend corrective or preventive actions to assure or improve product quality or reliability.
- Train manufacturing technicians on topics such as safety, health, fire prevention, or quality.
- Assist in developing the product specifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanical diploma
- 1 year CAD (AutoCad, Solidworks or similar) experience
- 6 months experience in Lean Six Sigma process improvement methodology
- Good visual and verbal communication skills.
- Sketching, rendering, modelling
- Computer literate (PC or Mac)
- Presentation (PowerPoint, or similar)
- Good understanding of man-made materials and mass production (injection molded plastic, electronics etc) is an asset.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001-2008 is an asset.
All resumes can be sent to email@example.com. Please reference the job in the subject line. We thank all for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.