Custom Protect Ear is Looking for a Administrative Shipping Coordinator
Looking for Shipper / Receiver with Clerical and Administrative experience to work in a fast paced office environment
North America’s largest personalized industrial hearing protection manufacturer, Custom Protect Ear, is looking for a professional individual to fill a shipping/receiving role.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment; enjoys a challenge; possesses a strong service focus with a “can do” attitude; and, instinctively knows the critical importance of attention to detail.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the incumbent is responsible for performing all shipping related functions, documentation and other duties as assigned.
This successful candidate will be tasked with developing a working knowledge of the organization; interact with customer service, the administrative team and manufacturing team; while being responsible for shipping and receiving operations in this pivotal role.
Detailed Job Duties Include:
- Views employees in the organization as internal customers, providing exceptional customer service while building positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Always maintains a professional attitude.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. Troubleshoots shipping issues; works to solve these administrative or organizational problems to increase shipping efficiency and effectiveness
- Processes orders based on the client’s preferred shipping system (e.g. Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Inspects inbound shipments
- Communicates with supply chain management about operating practices and shipping technology
- Reviews sales orders and cross-checks with computer software to ensure accuracy
- Effectively uses ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning software)
- Familiar with both Canadian and cross border shipping paperwork/package requirements
- Has the ability to multitask between shipping and administrative tasks while meeting deadlines
- Keeps organized shipping records, including statements of origin, shipping costs, products shipped, and tracking information
- Generates regular reports for management
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent Computer skills (Microsoft Office) – Typing speed 60 wpm+
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Creative problem-solving
- ERP knowledge is an asset
- Quick learner
- Ability to speak Mandarin/ Cantonese is an asset
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
2+ years of experience in Administration
6:30 am – 3:30 pm