Saskatchewan Sales Territory Manager
Custom Protect Ear is the largest personalized hearing protector manufacturer in North America and is headquartered is in Surrey, British Columbia (CAN). www.protectear.com. Custom Protect Ear is looking for a Sales Territory Manager role with Custom Protect Ear to fulfill Business Development and Account Management responsibilities for the province of Saskatchewan.
Saskatchewan Sales Territory Manager – The Role
The ideal candidate who earns the current Sales Territory Manager role with Custom Protect Ear will have full Business Development and Account Management responsibilities for the province of Saskatchewan. Once hired, the Sales Territory Manager will be flown to the company headquarters in Surrey, British Columbia for a two week intensive training course. This course will teach the new Sales Territory Manager more about the technical aspects of the company’s extensive product offerings, standard company protocol, and most importantly, how to take ear mold impressions (EMI’s). During this training period the Sales Territory Manager will also be coached on key selling points for the products and learn some tips and tricks that other successful reps have used to sell CPE products.
Orientation & Training
Occasionally, throughout their first 3 months in the role, the Sales Territory Manager will have the opportunity to travel with other Sales Territory Managers and company management to observe and participate in out of territory EMI Fittings and sales calls. These exercises will provide a valuable foundation for the Sales Territory Managers own future success. After these first three months, the Sales Territory Manager should be acclimated to the role, at which point the company will begin to expect an increase in personal production.
Going forward, there will be times that company management may ask the Sales Territory Manager to visit some out of territory “House Accounts”. The Sales Territory Manager will also be expected to participate in and work the CPE booth at various Regional and National industry trade shows throughout the year (approximately 3-4 expos per year).
- Annual base salary
- Commission per pair of dB Blockers sold & fit in Territory
- Commission per pair of dB Blockers fit outside of the rep’s territory (for House Accounts)
- Bonus on annual sales the territory budget
- Mileage reimbursed for business miles driven – (Candidate responsible for their own automobile)
- Cellphone provided
- Internet reimbursed
- Candidate is expected to supply their own laptop.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Research and evaluate the current market for CPE products in the defined territory and develop an effective sales strategy that will result in new business and growth of market share.
- Develop short and long term customer relationship plans that address effective ‘after-sales’ support as well as ongoing maintenance and growth of accounts.
- As part of the marketing strategy, consistently stay abreast of and communicate safety requirements for new and existing customers.
- Effectively communicate the features and benefits of CPE product’s to the customer; consultative selling on QUALITY and COST vs. PRICE.
- Must be comfortable fit testing customers and making Ear Mold Impressions (EMI’s)
- Negotiate pricing, and supply terms.
- Meet and exceed customer satisfaction requirements at ALL times.
About the Candidate
We are searching for a self-starting “hunter” who is looking to join the CPE team and make an immediate impact on sales. The territory is ripe with opportunity and we need someone who is passionate about the products and willing to put in the time and effort to make this program a success while ensuring their ever-growing customer base is properly serviced.
The ideal candidate is someone not only with a strong sales resume (preferably in some sort of Safety & Health industry), but also someone with strong organization skills who is looking to take ownership of their territory. The candidate must be comfortable working and communicating with different levels/types of customers; from C-Level Executives and Safety Managers to your average individual end-user.
Any experience with taking ear mold impressions/personal services/fit testing etc. is highly preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ideal Experience
Given the dynamics of the safety-products industry, the successful candidate must have a proven ability to work in a professional industrial environment that requires the capacity to rapidly respond to clients’ needs by providing strong customer service and direction quickly and accurately. The ideal candidate will be compatible in terms of temperament and style with a fast paced, highly ethical and professional environment, while at the same time possess the confidence necessary to implement creative marketing strategies that will deliver excellent results. In addition, he or she must possess the following:
Education: High School + Some Post-Secondary (Preferably in Marketing, Sales or Safety/Health
Experience: Preferred minimum 3 years of sales experience preferably in the Safety Product Industry. Experience working with any company who has a “disruptive/combative” market position is also accepted (eg: selling a new product not only against a competitor but also against a staple product, selling against an industry norm product with an innovative new device, selling in a field against the same competitor consistently)
Travel: Must be willing to travel in and outside of their defined territory.
- High proficiency in MS Office, CRM and Business Relevant Social Media.
- Proven track record of establishing and growing a defined sales territory (with specific examples of successes in this regard) not only in terms of sales but also marketing/trade-shows etc.
- Evidence of an ability to forge strong customer relationships
- Experience providing a high level of post sales service while continuing to show sales expansion
- Experience in working from home/for a remote Head Office
- High work ethic and someone willing to “go the extra mile”
- Pre-existing customer contacts in the Industrial Market preferred
- Proven ability to market a product in a territory at all business levels (individuals, small companies up to Major Facilities)
- Experience selling both at a site and corporate level
- Experienced in speaking and presenting to large group
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com Be sure to place the position title ‘Saskatchewan Sales Territory Manager ’ in the subject line. We thank everyone who applies. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview. No Phone Calls Please