Custom Protect Ear’s contribution to NAOSH WEEK: Safety & Health
“If I told you it was NAOSH week, would you
- – Find a NAOSH and hug them.
- – Send money to the save the NAOSH Fund
- – Demand a public inquiry into why NAOSH aren’t fairly treated.”
What is NAOSH Week
NAOSH, North American Occupational Safety and Health Week is a continent wide event focusing attention on workplace health and safety and involving USA, Canada, and Mexico. Many companies in participate in NAOSH week by bringing in speakers to discuss workplace safety, set up awareness campaigns with posters and contests, host a public symposium on health and safety issues in the community, work with a local businesses etc. Click here to see more NAOSH events.
The purpose of the event is to highlight public, government and industry importance of increasing knowledge, raising awareness and reducing injuries and illness in the workplace, home and community. NAOSH Week is led by Threads of Life, in concert with the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) and partners in Mexico, the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE) in partnership with the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC), and
Custom Protect Ear’s involvement to NAOSH WEEK
Custom Protect Ear (CPE), also a member of the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE), is North America’s largest personalized industrial hearing protector manufacturer, making hearing conservation is their only business. Custom Protect Ear serves over 4,500 companies and businesses around the globe. Their ISO certified Technicians do custom on-site fittings at their industrial sites. CPE’s mission is to be known as the “hearing conservation specialists” promoting hearing protection and hearing conservation in the workplace, community and at home.
The goal of the North American Occupational Safety & Health (NAOSH) Week is to focus the attention of employers, employees, the general public and all partners in occupational safety and health on the importance of preventing injury and illness in the workplace, at home and in the community.
CPE will contribute to the awareness campaign on occupational safety and health by striving to:
- 1. Increase understanding of the benefits of investment in implementing hearing conservation programs in the workplace.
- 2. Raise awareness of the long term effects that hearing loss can have on an individual during their time in a noise exposed environment.
- 3. Educate and raise awareness to the health and safety professionals about the types of programs available to their facility when it comes to hearing protection.
During NAOSH week Custom Protect Ear will continue to provide information and expertise on how to prevent “noise induced hearing loss” (NIHL), and how to implement hearing conservation programs in the workplace. To learn more please visit their blog (www.protectear.com/blog) and follow their social community: Twitter/protectear & Facebook/hearingprotection.
About North American Occupational Safety and Health Week
North American Occupational Safety and Health Week – was first launched in June 1997, marked by an agreement between Canada, the United States and Mexico. NAOSH Week presents an excellent opportunity to focus, reinforce and strengthen commitment to occupational safety and health.
Participation and involvement in NAOSH Week has been shown to:
- – improve attitudes towards safety
- – increase understanding of the importance of occupational health & safety
- – foster a safety-minded culture
- – increase cooperation
- – raise awareness
- – assist in team building, and improve communication between employees, safety committees and safety professionals.