Good communication is vital to running a safe and efficient worksite or workplace. But, how do you achieve that amid the noise and multifaceted demands of the average noisy workplace?
Construction sites, Manufacturing Plants, Food Assembly Lines and Shop Floors are typically characterized by loud equipment in constant motion and limited visibility. In this environment, a missed warning or misunderstood instruction can have costly—or even tragic—consequences.
Example: Workers wearing no hearing protection in a Chrysler car plant.
Cost of Noise
How do you know if your workplace is loud enough to require hearing protection. If you meet 2 out of 6 criteria below, then your company needs to re-evaluate their Hearing Conservation Plan.
- Your productivity is being seriously impacted.
- Your cost of goods are rising from mistakes.
- You’re spending at least $310/year for every employee in your hearing conservation program.
- Your Risk Management costs are rising
- Hearing protection alone is costing you $150/person/year
- Supervisors spending an extra 30 minutes a day trying to communicate in noise – @ $30.00/hour
If this is applicable to you, then most likely your incurring a extra cost of $4,000/year. You do the Math!
What is the Cost of Noise
All of this is the Cost of Noise. The Cost of Noise is hearing loss, productivity and risk management.
The cost of noise saps productivity and adds expense to companies. Reduce or control the cost of noise and profits will flow straight to the bottom line. It is a competitive advantage and many companies have recognized it. If you and your company want to do something about the cost of noise, ask us about about dB Blockers.
dB Blockers and they’re the SMARTEST HEARING PROTECTION In the World. Why smart? Inside each dB Blocker there is a little green filter, which filters out industrial noise and enhances speech. And it is also really a communication device. You wear these to protect your hearing and they’ll let you hear people talking to you.
Thanks to recent advancements in technology through SMART (custom) hearing devices, and wireless communication headsets, the costs of communication, productivity and safety has decreased significantly.
- clear and continuous communication during the performance of shared tasks
- improved teamwork and increased mobility
- the ability to provide verbal warnings in real time
- fewer accidents and lower insurance costs
- the ability for construction crews to get more done in less time
By adopting dB Blocker™ hearing devices an integral component of worksite communication, companies will not only enjoy a safer work environment, but also develop a more cohesive and productive crew.